I was nominated by Khuzzy B from The Foodies. When I got the notification I was surprised! Very surprised. The first thing I did was tell my friends ‘People actually read my blog!’. I was pretty excited and I’m still happy as I write this. Alhamdulillah. I like The Foodies blog because of the islamic lessons they share. I’ve learnt a thing or two from them, Jazakallahu Khairan. Without further ado, I’ll answer her questions.
1.What do you love most about blogging?
I love a lot of things about blogging. I started blogging during a break from school, pretty much out of boredom. Blogging allows me to express myself and talk about one of my loves. Food! It has also allowed me meet people on and offline. I love being able to share things with people and have discussions with them about food.
2. What is your biggest fear?
At this moment, I can’t think of any fear I have that cannot be overcome. One thing I know is that nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Whenever you feel like things are falling apart, take a deep breath and relax. Prayer is also very important.
3. What is the first thing that comes into your head when you think of being happy?
Food! I know, very obvious. But when I’m stressed I think of food. After a big submission, I think of a nice meal to reward myself with. I just finished my main project a few weeks ago and I haven’t had my celebratory meal yet!
4. What kind of blogs do you like to read?
Once again, food blogs. I love food blogs with great photography. It’s one thing to like food but I believe that ones food should also look good. I also like reading fashion blogs; especially when I want to find out more about designer products. I may also check out a fashion blog for outfit ideas. I also like blogs that are funny. I recently read a blog post about the Jamie Oliver Jollof rice fiasco. I recommend reading that post.
5. What kind of quality do you look for in a friend?
Someone who can handle my ups and downs. I also like friends who are honest and make me a better person. Recently, in school specifically, I think I have more frenemies than actual friends.
6. Mention two or more reasons why you began blogging?
This has pretty much been answered in question 1. The reason why I chose to blog about food though was because I like going out to eat and trying new dishes. Some of my friends will roll their eyes at this since I turned down eating octopus once. To that I say ‘Its time will come!’. I ate squid already, cut me some slack.’
7. What motto do you live by?
I’m not sure I have a motto but I like this saying ‘If you do not like where you are at, move. You are not a tree’.
8. What is your favourite food?
My favourite food used to be macaroni and spaghetti as a kid. Now, I don’t think I have one. I however love wraps and bread and chocolate biscuits and biscuits and a lot of things that I shouldn’t love. No, chocolate biscuits and biscuits are not the same thing. I also love getting biscuits from Marks and Spencer; currently thinking of their almond biscuits. They also make these nice chocolate pretzel snacks. *sigh* My diet. 😦
Scones and cheesecakes are also one of my favourite baked goods.
9. Summer time or winter time?
SUMMER TIME!! I’m from the tropics!! And when I say summer, I mean summer in the tropics not that fake summer in Europe.
10. What is your favourite place in the whole world?
I’m not sure I have one but one place I absolutely loved was Barcelona. Masha Allah. I wanted to move there.
11. Is there a recipe you would love for us to create and share with you on our blog?
I’ve loved what you guys have posted in the past and I have a feeling that I will enjoy the future posts, Insha Allah! 🙂
So, that’s it! A little bit about the little person that blogs at ayamstuffed! I looked at the date of my last post and realized that I haven’t posted something here in close to TWO MONTHS! TWO! My gosh. Alhamdulillah for where we are today though. I will Insha Allah, post regularly from now onwards.
Thank you once again The Foodies for the nomination. May Allah bless you and grant your hearts’ desires. Amin.
I hereby nominate (and advice you guys to check out):
Fiona from MicroGalactic (how cool is this name!!) who I met in person a few months ago.
Michelle from Foodie ditches food.
Gail from voodoochocolates. I feel her energy through her blog posts.
My namesake, Khadija from baldekady.
The busy people over at Hudson Daniel Gourmet.
And my latest discovery, Rant-y Thoughts of a Rant-y Ranter…. I don’t know her name, yet, but if I had to guess I’d say Ranti? Too soon? Blame my ‘Yorubaness’.
My questions to you guys are:
1. Where are you from and where in this small world do you live?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What’s the inspiration behind your blog name?
4. Is blogging a thing of leisure or your source of income?
5. What is your dream job?
6. What is your favourite thing to do in your downtime?
7. What is that ridiculous thing you just can’t live without OR have to do everyday?
8. Bungee jumping or skydiving?
9. What is the rudest thing someone has said to you? What is the funniest?
10. Do you find yourself tearing up at books or movies? If yes, which one(s)?
11. I think happiness is very important. What makes you happy?
I hope you have fun answering the questions. 🙂 🙂
Here are the formal rules:
1. You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
2. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
3. After completing these questions you must nominate 5-11 bloggers (with under 1000 followers) and give them 11 questions of your choice.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Have fun with this!